Hi Paul,

Thanks for you email. I was actually able to contact Giuseppe Iuculano,
the Debian developer who maintains FreeMat package, and he has added the
new version to his Debian repository. I suppose this is the source of
Ubuntu's FreeMat package. So it looks like everything is on the right
track.

Thanks,
Chuong