Ok I am a noob..kind of. Been a geek all my life but took the next step
to geek hood and got ubuntu. But I cannot fix msql server. I can't get
rid of it, or anything. Its so annoying. I have tried all the apt-get -f
and everything nothing works. Please help. here is the code that I am
getting when I try and fix the bug. oh and I can't report the bug
because ubuntu tells me that msql is not a ubuntu package. HELP!!!
Thanks all.

Setting up mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.51a-3ubuntu5.4) ...
/etc/lsb-base-logging.sh: line 84: INITOUTPUT: unbound variable
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "stop" failed.
chown: cannot access `/var/run/mysqld': No such file or directory
Reloading AppArmor profiles : done.
/etc/lsb-base-logging.sh: line 84: INITOUTPUT: unbound variable
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.0 (--configure):
mysql-server-5.0

Adam Strawcutter