I think the issue is that you need to have the user enter the password
anyway, for the users sake.  The user needs to know and remember the
password, which is why the installer asks twice already.

The original idea was to use the windows password so the user doesn't
need to be asked during install.  Not everyone can use such a feature,
as not everyone has a non-compromised Windows installation with a good
password that they also remember.  The few that do can just re-enter
the password since everyone needs to be able to remember and enter the
password.  Any sort of password automation would simplify the
situation for a few people at the expense of making it more
complicated for the rest of us.  The level of encryption doesn't seem
to matter.

I think the main issue is that the interface needs to help the user
focus on the task at hand.  I think you could combine a few screens to
make it simpler.  Combining all the screens goes too far IMHO.

 - proposal -
Screen 1: Language selection

Screen 2: Welcome
Have an overview of the install process here, to communicate it to
those who haven't done it before.
Keyboard/etc should be guessed from the language selection.  Have
buttons on the side to change anything that was guessed.

Screen 3: Partitioning  (Step one according to the welcome screen)
I really think this should be separate, but that is just because it scares me.

Screen 4: Information (Step two)
Any other information needed should be gathered in a combined screen,
so passwords and time information.

Screen 5: Confirmation and advanced options.
As it is already.

Ideally screen 1 would be eliminated from ubiquity and the boot
selection used.  Anything in screen 4 not needed to install should be
defered.