I'm not sure if this has been discussed on here before, but i started a
discussion on the forums a while ago:
and filed a bug on launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/343452
and someone created a blueprint:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-hurd

There seemed to be a lot of support on the forums. At that point, the GNU
Hurd seemed to be developing at a snails pace, but since then they've gotten
a new website and I just noticed that they've been making progress recently:
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2009-11-30.html
via Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/ac80r/whats_this_the_gnu_hurd_is_making_progress/

A GNU Hurd port may not be for most users, but i was wondering if we had the
resources to support such a port as Debian does, and if it would be worth
the effort. I think it would be cool, but are there any reasons against
this?

--
.danny

☮♥Ⓐ - http://www.google.com/profiles/danny.piccirillo