Seems that Gnome and Fedora are a little bit more conscious than us in
the matter, no spam but check:
http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Fedora-Will-Make-the-Leap-to-Package-Source-Control-System-Git

--
Best Regards,

Adrian Perez <adrianperez-...@ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu Developer

GPG Key ID: 8A9A3084
GPG Key Fingerprint: 99E8 E74E 7B4F 93AE F32A  5523 9973 0D5C 8A9A 3084