Many Open-Source communities use this kind of mailman mailing-lists
I feel missing something here but really wondering why? even for new
projects like Ubuntu (founded 2004 which is new to know other alternative
technologies)

I love the Google-groups style, if you don't like Google there was always
Yahoo, which both of them contains bunch of features and the ease of use ...
Also some-how, forums are *ok* but with some preservations.

Back to this email's subject, about my question, actually they are 3:

1- Google-group has a feature to an external-archive which could be a list,
why not move on?
2- I find it always difficult to keep updated with this kind of lists, what
type of software do you use? please share it with me, I find it very
difficult to rely on a kind of RSS because I want to hit "reply" and "quote"
the part of the message that I like, is there an advanced feature for that?
3- The OpenSource managers, why they prefer this kind of lists usually? it
ends to be a very old fashion and not user friendly at all, or whatdya
think?

Thanks

-- Amahdy AbdElAziz
IT & Development Manager