Hi,

I'm developing a C++ application to measure the PSNR (and other stats)
of multiple video files.
To access video streams I decided to rely on libavcodec, so I installed
libavcodec-dev package to get the header files (I want to use it as a
shared library).
Currently everything works but Theora video streams. When I open such
streams I get corrupted frames (wrong colours and unrecognizable
images), while when other streams are opened (h264/xvid/wmv/...)
everything is fine.
Apart that the header file in that package is old (it doesn't export
avcodec_decode_video2 function), I can't find the function
(avcodec_decode_video2) even with dlsym once the library has been loaded
(other functions like avcodec_decode_video, deprecated, are found).
I guess that the default libavcodec.so.52 and header files that come
with that package are old/deprecated, am I correct?

When instead I liked static libraries from the SVN FFmpeg source, the
function avcodec_decode_video2 was found and Theora video streams are
now properly read and decoded (with both avcodec_decode_video and
avcodec_decode_video2).

I would not like to use static libraries in my project, but I'd rather
have an updated libavcodec.so.

Can you please look into that?

Regards,
Ema.