Well, in this case "Everybody" is a big generalisation, as it means you, doesn't it? :-)

I - too - like the black background and white/light yellow text in terminals and in text editors, but I won't expect it to be this way by default. If it is brown on light yellow, but I can customize it in 15 seconds, that is OK for me.
And if you are a Minesweeper addict, you can do it in 10 seconds.

les