On 7 March 2010 19:47, Martin Owens <docto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Of course. It would be silly not to reuse what we already have available
> and of course just as silly to not position it with other things in
> mind.

Have you looked at OpenERP?

It exists already, is written in python, is in the repo, has great
support behind it (companies that write it, do so on Ubuntu), it's
cross-platform, extensible, has a huge amount of functionality already
done and a plugin system for adding more.

I recently evaluated a number of Financial Management solutions for a
small company and after looking at numerous alternatives, OpenERP came
out on top in pretty much every way we measured it.

Cheers,
Al.