Christopher James Halse Rogers spake thusly:

> On Mon, 2010-03-15 at 05:09 +0000, Scott Beamer wrote:
>> Just downloaded the latest nightly live CD and installed.
>>
>> After reboot computer freezes at splash screen.
>
> This might be plymouth; see if hitting SysRq+Alt+k kills the splash
> screen and brings up X.

I'm back on the laptop now (previous reply was from my desktop) and I
tried your suggestion here.

Nothing happened.  I had to ctrl+alt+delete and restart.

So it's VERY broken if one is installing from the today's (yesterday's)
daily live CD....

You sure this isn't a Kernel-related issue?