Arand Nash 写道:
> Bill Lee wrote:
>> First of all, as a foreign English speaker, I may not be able to express
>> myself complete. If you have difficult understand this mail, I feel
>> sorry.
>> I ran Ubuntu 10.04 on Virtual Box OSE, and find that the ACPI part of
>> Linux Ubuntu 10.04 cannot work with Virtual Box OSE.
>> System will hold up when loading Linux kernel. But if I send parameter
>> 'acpi=off' to the kernel or disable the ACPI support of the virtual
>> machine, the system will work.
>> The version of Linux is '2.6.32-16-generic #25-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 9
>> 16:33:52 UTC 2010'.
>> The Virtual Box OSE is running in Ubuntu 9.10 and its version is
>> '3.0.8_OSE r53138'.
>> Ubuntu 9.10 can work with this version of Virtual Box. So I think this
>> problem can be sovled. I wish Lucid LTS will become better.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Bill Lee
>>

> This is a known bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virtualbox-ose/+bug/510571
> I am not quite sure why the patch hasn't gotten much attention yet,
> but presumably it's busy times at the moment.

Thank you for your attention.
In my opinion, the patch of universe packages can hardly get the
attention of users, because the universe packages never update during
the support period of a release of Ubuntu ( at least after Auguest,
2009, when I start using Ubuntu). And many of universe packages release
without testing. Some of them even cannot work.

Best wishes,
Bill Lee