> Hey all,
>
> I forgot to mention this at the session for default app selection but
> can we remove Open Office Draw from the default ubuntu install? The
> reasons are quite obvious it just isnt any good ...

Hi,

we use OpenOffice.org Draw in a production environment for importing and
editing PDF documents (we do localization of product descriptions in
print quality catalogs with it).

With the recently added anti-aliasing support for embedded bitmap
images, Draw is nearly as capable as - for example - the proprietary
CorelDraw application.

There is a single reason most people think it just isn't good: people do
not know about it's capabilities, and neither know how to use it. You
can do very sophisticated things if you spend some time to learn it.

I suggest that a PDF version of the official Getting Started Guide
(http://documentation.openoffice.org/) be included in the default
install of Ubuntu, to empower new users, probably in the Examples
directory. OpenOffice.org is only powerful if you know how to use it.

Regards,
Gergely Máté
http://gergely.sportember.eu