On 18 May 2010 01:15, Ryan Oram <r...@infinityos.net> wrote:
> http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_chrome_vs_iron.php
>
> This should become a full open source project with a community behind
> it. With Mozilla disregarding H.264, the community needs a full
> browser capable of H.264 video playback without the privacy issues of
> Chrome.

Unless things have changed, Chromium does not include the tracking
features of the branded Chrome. Hence, Chromium is fine. Plus it has
the benefit of already being a full open source project.

> We need to "Iceweasel" Chromium.

Why? Are there distribution restrictions on Chromium? In any event,
Ubuntu distributes Firefox. Maybe talk to Debian?

> I'm willing to put the infinityOS team behind this,

So you and one other?

> but I would like
> the help and support of the Ubuntu community.

To build and package Chromium? That's already being done for Maverick,
and there are PPA channels for Release, Beta and Daily builds.

> Thanks,
> Ryan

Good luck.