Hello Conrad,

Conrad Knauer [2010-05-24  3:08 -0600]:
> Most Firefox users have already moved to version 3.6 (see the graph on
> http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser_version-ww-monthly-200904-201005)
> which is where Mozilla wants you to be also BTW.  Getting a new
> version of Firefox on an old version of Ubuntu can be a pain.
> Supporting Firefox 3.0.x which is no longer supported by Mozilla (see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Firefox_3) seems silly.

Indeed, with Mozilla's changed support policy we need to upgrade
Firefox in previous stable releases to 3.6 (in particular, Hardy).
However, this first requires a lot of changes and backports for the
underlying libraries, so it is very intrusive and work intensive.

The 3.6 update for hardy has been worked on for a while, and is
expected to land soon:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-lucid-new-firefox-support-model

Martin