Hello,
if I understood your suggestion, you are proposing that the upgrade process
should check for known issues and warn before allowing the user to proceed ?

Critical issues with the upgrade process are expected to have some
workaround implemented at the upgrade process level, non critical issues are
described on the release notes.

Your suggestion is only interesting for those which don't read the release
notes, on that case it would make some sense to have the specific issues
which may apply to your hardware being shown  with an upgrade prompt.

Best regards,

João Luís Marques Pinto
GetDeb Team Leader
http://www.getdeb.net