On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 00:38 -0400, Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> A fair point, but I think that up to 24 hours without a critical
> security update could be undesirable in some situations. Certainly, I
> think the default should remain "daily." For what it's worth, Fedora's
> default is daily but it does provide an hourly option. I still think
> it would be preferable for Ubuntu to have one as well...

Wouldn't it be awesome if our machines had an optional xmpp connection
to each of the servers and when there is a critical security update it
could tell each of the machines to update their packages.

Just throwing out a solution there, no reason machines couldn't be
async. I wonder if xmpp can cope with millions of connections.

Martin