On 08/15/2010 10:48 AM, Lionel Le Folgoc wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 05:07:40PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Benjamin Drung [2010-08-14 20:51 +0200]:
>>> I am asking this question, because libstdc++5 was removed from karmic
>>> and it was recently reintroduces in maverick.
>>
>> I wasn't really happy about libstdc++ returning to maverick, but it
>> kind of "just happened" through autosyncs.
>>

> AFAIK (and according to LP), it wasn't autosynced but instead
> reintroduced manually by a developer using syncpackage (that's
> unrelated, but it would be really useful to know once and for all
> whether we should use this script or request syncs the old way…).
>
> Regards,
> Lionel

I brought up the issue as soon as I saw it back in the archive and
basically the main reason it was dropped from Ubuntu was lack of support
upstream [1].  It was dropped from Debian because it was unbuildable
[0].  Debian seems to be supporting it again and building it with
gcc-4.1, so it was put back in.

Micah

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-3.3/+bug/418372