Hi,

it is about bug 710881, https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/710881. The workaround described in the bug report and applied to the CUPS package principally works but there is a problem with buildds. A CUPS package built on my local machine has cups.png correctly converted, but in the package built by buildds the cups.png file is not converted. See my last comment in the bug report.

Are PNG files in a Debian package generally converted to make them smaller (and this converts cups.png back to the bad format)?

Or does "convert" on the buildds behave different than "convert" on a local Ubuntu desktop box?

Or is there some problem with the subpackages for architecture-dependent and -indpendent binary packages being built in different buildds runs?

Or does the command line for the conversion error out but not stop the build (I did not see anything indicating this in the amd64 buildlog on the buildds servers)?

The conversion of cups.png is done in the "binary-post-install/cups::" rule in debian/rules, by the command line

convert debian/$(cdbs_curpkg)/usr/share/cups/doc-root/images/cups.png PNG32:cups.png && \ mv -f cups.png debian/$(cdbs_curpkg)/usr/share/cups/doc-root/images/

Any idea?

   Till