On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Denis Washington wrote:

Greetings Dennis,

> Given that this Ubuntu cycle is all about "precision" with little
> Who do you think? (Is that something to file a bug about?)

I think it's an excellent idea to streamline the Grub menu.  Could you
perhaps try to mock up before/after "screenshots", so that it's clear
each change that you'd like to make?

If you're not sure where to file these;  you're welcome to file them
against "Ubuntu branding" for the moment:

http://launchpad.net/ubuntu-branding/+filebug?field.title=Grub:+streamline+boot+entries

and we can point the bug to the appropriate place once the
problem-space is understood and a design solution distilled!

        -Paul