On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 08:16:32PM -0500, Martin Owens wrote:
> One marketing idea was to put gwibber dbus bindings into ubiquity so
> people could post to twitter that they were installing Ubuntu.
>
> A sort of "Hey tell you friends" type idea. It didn't happen I thinkf or
> technical reasons.

I'd strongly prefer not to pull that kind of substantial stack into
ubiquity; it's big and sprawling enough as it is, never mind any of the
issues around authentication, making sure if you do that that the user
doesn't have to reauthenticate in the target system, etc.  It seems like
a clear potential source of bugs in a component that already has more
than enough of them.

Fetching something from the network and rendering it as part of the
slideshow is much easier (although that doesn't mean I'm volunteering to
do it).

--
Colin Watson                                       [cjwat...@ubuntu.com]