On Thu, 2 Feb 2012, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 02:03:03PM +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> > It has a depends on ia32-libs. In Ubuntu ia32-libs
> ia32-libs-multiarch is a transitional hack
> Ideally, you'd just install crossover-pro:i386 and apt would follow

I followed up with Colin to clarify; my understanding is that the
following needs to happen (on the Crossover end) to make use of
multiarch as intended:

  (1) Nuke the 'ia32-crossover-pro' package altogether; this will make
all the references to legacy/compatibility 'ia32-*' (hacks) disappear
  (2) There should only be a single 'crossover-pro' package (built
just for 'Architecture: i386')
  (4) Let 'dpkg-shlibdeps' generate the *real* dependencies on i386 at
package build time (probably already the case)
  (5) When a user installs on i386, nothing much extra should get
pulled in
  (6) When a user installs on amd64, the various :i386 libraries will
get pulled in automatically (and only as required, rather than
everything)
  (7) It may be necessary to tweak the listed Pythong/Perl scripting
language dependencies, depending on whether they are being used as an
interpreter or in extension mode (ie, does crossover-pro link/use
Python _extensions_, or mere deliver pythong _scripts_)

(Colin also noted that the 'python-gtk2'/'python-glade2' packages
may need refining. And that Steve Langasek could provide input)

        -Paul