Google is developing Native Client (NaCl) and Portable Native Client
(PNaCl). OpenGL support is planned, so then serious games can be
deployed through the web platform in a platform-independent and
standard way. Another possible road to success would be WebGL. Both
these technologies already have more traction than something that we
could come up with for Ubuntu.

--
Remco