On 14/03/12 18:07, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
(I initially sent this to ubuntu-devel, but it didn't make it through.)

Hello.

I wrote an application that, at startup, prompts the user for a file
(using a standard "open file" dialog). Ubuntu 11.10 takes the title of
that dialog ("Choose the file you wish to play") and uses it for the
rest of the application's session. This is wrong of course. The menu bar
should display the application's name.

Is there a way I can control the title of the menu bar?

The GUI of the application is written using Qt.

So I guess it's not possible then. This is really a shortcoming in Ubuntu and doesn't look very well thought out. But I'll have to live with it.