I read an article today about how Apple iCloud encrypts user data. It left me
wishing Ubuntu One encrypted user data.

Personally, I don't use cloud services unless my data is encrypted before it
leaves my computer.

I wanted to leave a note expressing my hopes that if Ubuntu One ever gets
encryption capabilities, that the encryption be implemented in the same way
that LASTPASS does it (http://lastpass.com). Which is that the data is all
encrypted on the user's machine before it goes into the cloud, and the user is
the only who has the key to decrypt the data. This kind of encryption setup
would be safe & secure and would lead me to trust the Ubuntu One cloud services.

Thanks