Am Samstag, den 03.11.2012, 02:28 -0500 schrieb Ma Xiaojun:
> Though newer software is generally better

I disagree. A new software version can bring new features, but also a
lot of new bugs. There are even examples of new version that reduces the
functionality to simplify the program.

> [...] and often contain important
> bug fixings. Ubuntu developers (with upload right) would often ignore
> or reject such SRU requests. Their excuse are always a magical word
> called regression.

Do you have examples for your claim? The smaller the diff, the better.
Cherry-picking a patch for a bug is more likely to get accepted than
trying to push a new upstream version.

> So I guess having a PPA for your own use is the best solution.

Using a PPA is a quicker and less time consuming solution for yourself.
Following the SRU process takes more time, but then everyone can benefit
from it.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer