On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Enrico Weigelt <enrico.weig...@vnc.biz> wrote:
> Honestly, I dont know anymore, as it's now several month ago
> (I guess it was somewhere in spring / early summer).
>
> But: I've noticed that problem almost immediately after switching
> to Ubuntu, and I've got the feeling that it gets slightly worse
> over time.

I think the former invalidates the latter and makes all arguments
moot.  Even more so now that it seems that you have not tested on the
latest releases in any of the repos to confirm if this is still the
case and now that you have come out with that you can't remember but
don't seem to be trying to just gather information on the latest
release.  Correct me if I'm wrong but to me your statement implies
exactly as I stated.

It would be more beneficial to your cause to document the behavior and
report it at that time with information /or/ try to replicate it on
the latest versions available via the distro... or even not-available
via the distro to see if it happens with your own compile though that
might not matter much in the case of a browser.

I'm not saying Chrome is Firefox, or Firefox is Chrome, but it's cases
like these that always made it hard for Firefox to fix memory issues,
everybody claimed to have a memory problem, but only a few actually
gave information over just complaining and never documenting it or
claiming it was a while ago and not worth it to keep testing on latest
versions.

Saying Ubuntu uses more memory than /insert distro here/ is
irrelevant, give us examples and data, or it's just FUD from a fanboy
and I'm not trying to be mean here, but without data it seems exactly
as so, most just won't say it. I've no problem being straight up.