hi,
Am Samstag, den 08.12.2012, 00:03 +0000 schrieb Dmitrijs Ledkovs:
> On 7 December 2012 22:32, Fabio Pedretti <fabio....@libero.it> wrote:
> > It would be nice if Ubuntu could include zram-config by default. This
> > package
> > set up compressed RAM swap space and can lower RAM requirements for running
> > and
> > installing Ubuntu. It should be a win for every configuration. Since kernel
> > 3.8
> > the zram module is out of staging, I am using it since precise with no
> > problem.
> >
> > The bug request is here:
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/zram-config/+bug/381059
> >

> Where necessaries, we already ship and include zram.
>
> E.g. ubuntu nexus7 and ac100 images.
>
> What other images do you want this for? I am not convinced it makes
> much sense on i386/amd64.

i dont think it is arch specific at all. instead of just using it on
images where we know in advance that it is needed, zram-config should be
in the ship seed and get installed automatically if we detect we are
below a certain memory threshold (casper already kind of does something
similar for the live session). adam and i are discussing that since
several UDSes, i guess one of us should just go forward and implement
it ;)

ciao
        oli