On 02/10/2013 06:22 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
Yes, it might be mine or someone else's.  There's an ANCIENT spec for
"RapidReboot"

Nah, I was thinking about more recent stuff which is exactly what's
proposed in the quickly reboot.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SessionHandling#Restart

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartupSettings

I wish I could un-see that second one. I'm completely baffled as to what "startup software" is (I'd imagine that would be the bootloader, kernel, systemd, all systemd/init scripts, and in Ubuntu's case X11 as well, along with everything in /bin and /sbin and /lib according to how Unix systems are lain out--everything required for system start-up belongs there, while everything not required for system start-up goes into /usr/)

tbh repair systems are a good idea, but they belong in their own place. Don't care for "Here is a dialog to configure X system aspect. Also if your system is broken you can fix this part from here." Where is the "Troubleshoot my system" dialog?

Anyway, off-topic.

Although later deals with grub customisation bugs as well.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.