On 03/15/2013 08:33 AM, Alexandre Strube wrote:
Hello list,

 From 12.10 to 13.04 updated daily, one bug appears and disappears again
every couple of updates. The bug is related to the Lenovo X201 entering
sleep mode.

It's a kind of russian roulette. I never know if the machine will wake
up again. Most of the time it just stays there. Black screen, no answer
to capslock or usb, nothing. Just the disk showing activity every now
and then. Apart from that, the machine is as dead as it can be.

Sometimes, it works for weeks. Sometimes, at the first time it enters
sleep mode, things go bad.

I don't even know what to look for and to which component I should open
this bug against. Can anyone point me to somewhere?

I had the same issue and thought it had cleared up, but apparently not as I'm seeing exactly the same behaviour. Here's a quantal bug I filed a while back that has been since marked fix-released:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1074589

As it's a suspend/resume issue, file a kernel bug:

# ubuntu-bug linux

I saw the issue in Quantal, it was fixed somehow in an SRU and now appears to be in Quantal again. I've also got Raring installed on the machine but have not played with it enough to see if this behaviour reproduces in Raring or not for me.

--
[]
Alexandre Strube

--
Jeff Lane - Hardware Certification Engineer and Test Tools Developer
Ubuntu Ham: W4KDH