On 04/02/2013 09:00 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Mar 23, 2013, at 07:14 PM, Niranjan Rao wrote:

My python code depends upon some python libraries, some of which are part
ubuntu repository and I could install them using apt-get. There are other
libraries which are not part of the repository and had to install using
python PIP.  So far I have been very careful not to depend upon something
which has non open source license, so all the libraries are open source
libraries. Additionally I have dependency on Webkit 3 and GTK. Not sure if I
need to explicitly declare these dependencies while creating package
robru described accurately that in order to get your application into Ubuntu
(or even better, Debian) all your dependencies would also need to be
packaged.  While this might be time-consuming, fortunately, the process is
fairly easy (for distutils-based packages) and well documented.  E.g.

http://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide

The Debian Python teams are also very helpful if you get stuck.

Cheers,
-barry

Thank you Barry. Will look into it.

Regards,