On 04/09/2013 12:57 PM, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:

It was never meant as a successor.

My mistake.

"endorsed by the community" - not true. I'm a Debian Developer and
Ubuntu Core Dev and I don't endorse either aptitude nor apt-get.

Well, I'm going by the goddamn page that's been there for years - forgive me if Debian fucked up their wiki. It clearly says that aptitude is the recommended program.

What do you mean by "stable"? It didn't support multi-arch well for a
long time, which is a flagship feature for Ubuntu for many releases
now.
many releases meaning two? It's only been here since 12.04.

If anything, it's aptitude which is less feature-rich =)
Space on the CD is still a reason for not including duplicate functionality.

What CD?

You still did not address how to fix the reverse dependencies which
rely on apt-get.

Because I bowed my head. I understand. I understand. It's not a good idea. It won't work. It won't work. It's not a good idea. I understand. Thank you. Thank you. Get on with your daily lives.