On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:54:09AM -0500, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> Since the problem also occurs with the 12.10 and 13.04 server ISO's,
> I'm not sure that logging a bug on launchpad is the right way to go
> -- the problem is not 13.10 specific.  My next step is to make a
> note of all the grub configuration information after the initial
> installation and then compare it to the modifications made by
> boot-repair (which is a superb piece of work, btw).

A bug that affects any supported release is still a valid bug. But of
course just filing a bug doesn't in itself necessarily help in getting
to the bottom of a problem - it's just a coordination point.

Is 12.04 affected?

I'm not really sure what to suggest, apart from getting into debugging
the installer with your particular hardware. Pastebinning your installer
log (/var/log/installer/syslog in the installed system I think, unless
something has changed) might give others some clues as well.

> Any thoughts on a better forum to take this issue to?

Here is fine. Now that you've posted here, IMHO also going somewhere
else would only fragment any discussion.