> Subject: Re: [nvidia-graphics-drivers] frustration with slow Nvidia

> I don't want to
> have to get the latest downloads and compile them myself.

Erm, actually Nvidia won't provide source and the open source equivalent
nouveau is part of the kernel but Nvidia do provide an installer just
like windows so if you want it updated automatically unlike windows
(even the new geforce experience just checks and downloads the
installer) then your not being fair to the situation at all and are
spoilt by how easily Linux is kept securely upto date automatically.

I know because I occasionally power up a big retail game every couple of
months on Windows and have to wait until I no longer want to play before
everything is updated. Thankfully more are coming to steam if I can get
it to work without polkit, actually the problems just it's dreaded
dependencies that certainly aren't required, an unnecessary result of
that very easy to update benefit that few are willing to realise or
fix even with rop attacks.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)