On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Paulo Roberto de Oliveira Castro
> 2013/9/2 Jordon Bedwell <jor...@envygeeks.com>
>>
>> my suggestion is your realize the real facts
>> that all operating systems provide outdated drivers and it's your job
>> to update them if you want the latest drivers and to expect the distro
>> to be able to keep up like that is silly to say the least.
>

> That's a lie.
> On many other linux distro the drivers are in sync to upstream (or very
> close to it).

Sure it is if you consider RPMFusion official (and I don't even
remember properly if they carry it.)  I'll let you have that so I
don't have to explain known facts like the ones that are kind of
stated here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Forbidden_items?rd=ForbiddenItems#NVIDIA_Proprietary_Graphics_Drivers
-- https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_drivers  I'm no Fedora or
OpenSuse user so I'll take those as facts that pretty much imply that
it would be impossible for them to be in sync or close to in sync
which leaves Arch and all the others that I'm not willing to verify.
Did you pull this magic metric only from Arch and then claim somebody
else lied?  I only assume to ask that question because you did briefly
mention Arch.

> It's silly to think that a distro cannot  keep up like that, many already
> do, and they work pretty well.

Almost as silly as you thinking it's Ubuntu's job to be your hardware
vendor and give you the latest drivers?