Hey Everyone,

Sorry if this is the incorrect list for this inquiry. I noticed that
the Linux kernel pty layer race condition bug was marked as fixed for
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. However, when starting to work on an upgrade plan I
noticed the updated package wasn't available on the main, update, or
security repos.

Here is the CVE tracker showing the fix as being released in 2.6.32-363.77:

- http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/2014/CVE-2014-0196.html

However, it looks like the Packages file for lucid-security hasn't
been updated to provide the newer package 'linux-ec2':

-
http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/lucid-security/main/binary-amd64/Packages.bz2

Interestingly enough, the 'linux-ec2-doc' package has been updated for
the new version. Attached at the bottom is 'apt-cache policy' output
showing the relevant output[1].

Is this intentional? According to launchpad the fix was released on
2014-05-06 by jjohansen:

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1314762

I've looked at my configs and it doesn't look like any of my apt
sources are incorrect so I don't believe this is an issue local to my
systems. However, any help troubleshooting would be appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to look in to this!

Cheers!
-Tim

# apt-cache policy linux-ec2
linux-ec2: