Hi Jitsumo,

On 2014-10-13 12:30, jits...@gmail.com wrote:
> i have the following problem in ubuntu 14.04, and I am hesitating to
> post a bug repport, but it's maybe better to ask you before.

If we conclude that something should be fixed, a bug report is the way
to go.

> Default japanese font for Ubuntu 14.04 is wrong.

It's not clear to me what you mean by "default" here.

On a fresh non-Japanese install, the package fonts-takao-pgothic is
available. However, so is the package fonts-droid, and since the "Droid
Sans Fallback" font is kind of 'featured', it probably takes precedence
over "TakaoPGothic" for rendering Japanese contents. Is that the
situation you are talking about?

If you install Japanese, you get fonts-takao-mincho and
fonts-takao-gothic in addition to fonts-takao-pgothic, and when Japanese
is the selected display language, the system is configured to use Takao
fonts.

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fonts-takao/003.02.01-9ubuntu2

So can you please clarify which situation you are referring to.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj