On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> sorry for the late answer!
>
> Tom H [2014-11-03 15:06 -0500]:
>> "Cannot add dependency job for unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service,
>> ignoring: Unit systemd-vconsole-setup.service failed to load: No such
>> file or directory." is in the output of journalctl until I remove
>> "systemd-vconsole-setup.service" from "Wants=" and "After=":
>
> This is tracked as https://launchpad.net/bugs/1392970, I'll look into
> it soon. (Should be mostly cosmetical)

Thanks. No worries. It's a harmless error anyway. I didn't think that
a bug would be filed pre-release; but someone's more thorough that I
am. I assume that once there's a systed native Ubuntu service, it'll
take over this dependency.

I'd looked a few weeks ago about creating console-setup.service but
got side-tracked by wor and personal matters. IIRC, one of the reasons
that I postponed creating one is that "/etc/init/console-setup.conf"
and "/etc/init.d/console-setup" use different executables.

>> I'm using systemd-networkd.service (and libvirt) and ifup@.service
>> isn't enabled:
>
> ifup@.service is for ifupdown, it's entirely unrelated to networkd.

I know. I should've been clearer.

> This is not supposed to be "enabled" (there's no [Install] section).
> It gets triggered through udev rules:
>
> | $ grep ifup /lib/udev/rules.d/99-systemd.rules
> | SUBSYSTEM=="net", KERNEL!="lo", TAG+="systemd",
> ENV{SYSTEMD_ALIAS}+="/sys/subsystem/net/devices/$name",
> ENV{SYSTEMD_WANTS}+="ifup@$name.service"

I noticed this after sending my original email. I'm now using NM (I
had to log on to a WEP network!) and I'd meant to check whether
unmasking ifup@.service would result in the same errors because this
rule doesn't have "check whether something other than ifupdown is
bringing up the network" (if that's even possible in a udev rule). But
I forgot...

> This will handle hotplugged interfaces which are covered by ifupdown,
> i. e. /etc/network/interfaces.

Except that my "interfaces" file's empty.

By hotplugged do you mean when using Debian's "allow-hotplug"?

>> "/etc/init.d/networking" is disabled:
>>
>> # find /etc/rc?.d -name "*networking" | sort
>> /etc/rc0.d/K07networking
>> /etc/rc6.d/K07networking
>> /etc/rcS.d/K09networking
>
> You are the third person to report that after Didier Roche and
> Sebastien Bacher, so this isn't pilot error any more. Would you mind
> filing a bug about this (against ifupdown for now) and describe how
> you installed/upgraded your system? I'd like to be able to see a
> reproducer and see where things go wrong. Are you (or someone else)
> able to reproduce this somehow? Like, install trusty into a
> schroot/container/VM and dist-upgrade?

I hadn't seen the ifup udev rule when I wrote the above so I thought
that systemd was using the sysvinit networking script to trigger
ifup@.service.

I'll set up a VM to try to reproduce this.

Do you mean upgrade trusty-to-utopic or utopic-to-vivid?

>> 3) friendly-recovery.service
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/friendly-recovery/+bug/1354937
>
> Fixed in vivid.

Many thanks.

>> 4) nfs-common, nfs-kernel-server, rpcbind
>>
>> NFS is broken with systemd as pid 1 because nfs-common only has upstart jobs.
>
> That's https://launchpad.net/bugs/1312976 and indeed you already
> posted your proposed patches there, thanks!

You're welcome.