On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 12:27:14PM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Perhaps Go and the redepends should be removed from the archive then?

There does seem to be a fundamental dissonance between upstream's policy
and Ubuntu's policies here. With upstream not maintaining bugfix only
branches; instead only maintaining a feature branch that retains a
backwards compatibility guarantee. And Ubuntu's SRU policy preventing us
from updating our stable releases this way by default.

But this is the way the world is going, and something I think Ubuntu
needs to adapt to. I'm not sure how, though. In theory, if their quality
is good, could we SRU and rely on their backward compatibility
guarantee? Would we really need to rebuild all reverse dependencies? Or
are they ABI compatible too?

Something for the TB to consider I guess.