In the home directory, there is user information such as photos, music etc
in the directories "Documents", "Downloads", "Music, "Pictures", "Videos".
However, I can't find, for example, actual SMS messages stored there, or
the phonecalls' list and other data.

Imagine that this is a forensic investigation and you want to find
possible incriminating evidence. This is the scenario I have to work with.
So far the only evidence I have managed to find is the file in which the
WiFi passwords are stored. And that is not located in the home directory.

Could you please be a bit more specific with your answer?