Ah, sorry - I got lost in the nested quotation (it's what happens when
there's inconsistent top/bottom posting combined with Gmail).

So essentially the thread can be summed up with: the Ubuntu download "thank
you" page [1] needs instructions on how to verify the image has downloaded
correctly.

There probably aren't any Canonical website maintainers reading this list
now, but you never know.

[1] e.g.
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop/thank-you?country=EU&version=14.04.3&architecture=amd64