Thank you Tom for taking the time.

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:36:27 -0400, Tom H wrote:
>systemd-resolved is a service not a package.

Ok, I didn't know it.

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ systemctl status systemd-resolved
● systemd-resolved.service - Network Name Resolution
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-resolved.service; disabled;
vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:systemd-resolved.service(8)

>So it works when using "-b".
>
>But you're right, it doesn't when not using "-b".
>
>Ubuntu decided to default to using resolvconf with 12.04. I suspect
>that it'll take more than "it doesn't work when using systemd-nspawn
>as a basic chroot process" for this change to be reversed.

So I don't report it as a bug.

>Do you have lxc installed? How does it handle resolv.conf as a symlink?

No. Since I never used it, it's too time consuming to care about
LinuxContainers now.

Regards,
Ralf