I think the gnome-disk-utility gui should clearly show the Name of a partition, if it has been set (using gdisk, or other utility).

CHANGE #1:
Currently, the gui does not display the Name of a GPT partition in the details section (where Size, Device, Partition Type, and Contents are shown). I suggest adding the name as the first field in the list, above Size.

CHANGE #2:
The visual at the top, showing the relative sizes of the partitions, does include the partition name, but it is not visible for smaller partitions, because it is on the same line as the Partition # label. I suggest displaying the name (if set) on it's own line, above Partition #. Alternative, the name might be displayed as a heading, at the very top of each partition "silo", with a vertical gap, before "Filesystem", "Swap", etc. are shown.

Please see the attached screen shot. Only the name of the sixth partition (called "Data") is visible, because that partition is large/wide enough for all of the text to fit.

REASONING:
1) Usually, a partition Name, if it has been set, is something very relevant to the user, allowing him/her quickly identify a partition and its purpose at a glance, without having to mentally parse through the other technical information displayed. 2) There is enough vertical space in the gui to support both suggestions above.