Hello,
I am wondering two things that I am missing for my own understanding.
First thing is when I use two live installer for 14.04.1 and 14.04.2, later on
during updates/upgrades, does my two installation 14.04.1 and 14.04.2 diverge
or converge?Does installed 14.04(.x) end up being all the sames after packages
apt-get update/(dist?-)upgrade?What I mean is the DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION of
/etc/lsb-release remains 14.04.1 for one and 14.04.2 for the other.So does the
packages level also remains 'in-line' with that support release version?And how
much value has the DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION compare to update/(dist?-)upgrade?One
could say I could have diff my packages in both installations, but I prefer to
have a good answer from someone that really know the answer or point me
documentations on the subject.
Because my second things is that I am trying to debootstrap a specific ubuntu
version eg : 14.04.1 for testing purposes.But I am not sure how to accomplish
that, if even possible.I always get DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION at 14.04 and I am not
sure if it means 14.04(.0) or 14.04(.4 latest?)?
Thanks in advance,Best Regards,Mickaƫl.