On Mon, 25 Apr 2016. 16:38:59 MSK Robie Basak wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 02:22:33PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Apr 2016 15:16:46 +0300, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > >Should I create a bug report asking for this feature?
> >
> > I'm not a developer/maintainer, but I'm quite sure that you need to do
> > this.
>
> You can certainly track this in a bug, yes. Another thing you'll need to
> address though is that libsoxr0 (and libsoxr-lsr0 if that's relevant)

libsoxr-lsr0 is not needed in run time, the dependency is on libsoxr0 only. But
you do
need libsoxr-dev to build pulseaudio and it depends on both libsoxr0 and
libsoxr-lsr0.

> Perhaps pulseaudio is suitably pluggable so users could opt into soxr at
> runtime?

Unfortunately, no. Resamplers are configured at build time and cannot be
plugged in
at run time.

> Or else, soxr would need to enter main, so it is relevant to
> most users?

I think this would be the solution.