hi,
Am Freitag, 6. Mai 2016 21:43:07 CEST schrieb Dale Amon <a...@vnl.com>:

As to updates... the next LTS is years away. I think we will have
gone through a lot of these lovely little rectangles by then.

the phones (and tablets) actually use a rolling release model, the system image gets updated every 6 weeks on a fixed schedule and is still based on 15.04 (not the LTS) using a separate archive into which important bits get backported from newer releases.

if the system is indeed only for toying around and security (and thus upgrading) does not matter for you, this is a moot point :)

(note though thaat upgrading using apt will not work either, the system is designed for image based upgrades only, an apt based upgrade will eventually fail if it hits a package that is bound to this setup)

and as robie said, the ubuntu-phone list [3] is far more appropriate for
the phone and tablet installs where you also will find other users that
have experience with these things.

Thank you for that extra tidbit. I had contacted the list owner to
find out if they covered tablets as well. So the answer is yes.

And so I will, as I will probably need advice on other things.

Now I must get back to work. I've got subversion installed and I am
about to suck in a working set of our toys.

good luck with that :)

ciao
   oli

--
Mit Dekko von meinem Ubuntu-Gerät gesendet