On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 02:05:48PM -0700, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> the lightdm you see running uses Mir, not X11. to run X11 apps you need to
> use a libertine container that fires up XMir which hooks into the running
> Mir displayserver then.

I'm not getting anywhere so far. I installed libertine and libertine-scope
via apt-get, and the icon appears on the apps desktop, but when I touch the
black top hat, I got a brief flash to its screen and then it throws me back
to the apps.

I did some reading about 'dogfood', ie someone who described living with
Unity, and they suggested this was needed:

 root@ubuntu-phablet:/var/log# initctl --session start libertine-lxc-manager
 initctl: Unable to connect to session bus: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon
without a $DISPLAY for X11

but that implies I am still missing something.

Dale Amon
Sr. Engineer
XCOR Aerospace