On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 19:27:45 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
>you want snapd though and uninstall snappy again (sadly the snappy
>media player own the package name a little longer already :)

I didn't install snappy for Ubuntu.

Arch's "snappy" is the same as Ubuntu's "libsnappy1v5".

Arch:

$ pacman -Ql snappy | grep so.1
snappy /usr/lib/libsnappy.so.1
snappy /usr/lib/libsnappy.so.1.3.0

Ubuntu:

$ sudo systemd-nspawn -q dpkg -L libsnappy1v5 | grep so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsnappy.so.1.3.0
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsnappy.so.1

I didn't install snapd, since it's neither a(n optional) dependency of
snapcraft, nor of libsnappy1v5. Is it needed [1]?

Btw. I only maintain Ubuntu by systemd-nspawn, since I use Arch most of
the times. If I use Ubuntu, then I don't run it in a systemd-nspawn
container.

Regards,
Ralf

[1]
by a quick search I found this
( http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2016/06/snap-to-be-universal-linux-package-format):

Here is a quote directly from the snapcraft.io site to help stop people
from being scared away:

"Snaps don’t intrinsically depend on the Ubuntu store, that’s just what
snapd does today, and we expect people will have different stores for
their snaps in future."