On Tue, 06 Sep 2016 21:58:44 -0400, John Moser wrote:
>Collecting, inventorying, and preparing e-waste as a
>refurbished good incurs more labor per unit than rolling new units off
>an assembly line

That's evil bullshit! If we simply use our own computers for a very
long period of time, instead to updating the hardware for no valid
reason, then something like this wouldn't happen:
http://andrewmcconnell.photoshelter.com/gallery/G0000oLuiBLHIsmM

There's actually no need to refurbish, simply using computers as long
as possible is required.

The problem already is, that even my old 64 bit CPU does not support
SSE3. I guess my hardware is even not 10 years old and can't be used
with some Linux software I need, because it requires SSE3, even while
there actually wouldn't be the need for it, SSE2 would do the job, too.

It's just politic, greed that rules. It has nothing to do with such
idiotic excuses.

Shame on You!

[weremouse@moonstudio ~]$ sudo hwinfo --cpu
01: None 00.0: 10103 CPU
  [Created at cpu.460]
  Unique ID: rdCR.j8NaKXDZtZ6
  Hardware Class: cpu
  Arch: X86-64
  Vendor: "AuthenticAMD"
  Model: 15.107.2 "AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350"
  Features:
fpu,vme,de,pse,tsc,msr,pae,mce,cx8,apic,sep,mtrr,pge,mca,cmov,pat,pse36,clflush,mmx,fxsr,sse,sse2,ht,syscall,nx,mmxext,fxsr_opt,rdtscp,lm,3dnowext,3dnow,rep_good,nopl,extd_apicid,pni,cx16,lahf_lm,cmp_legacy,svm,extapic,cr8_legacy,3dnowprefetch,vmmcall,lbrv
  Clock: 2100 MHz
  BogoMips: 4199.83
  Cache: 512 kb
  Units/Processor: 2
  Config Status: cfg=new, avail=yes, need=no, active=unknown

02: None 01.0: 10103 CPU
  [Created at cpu.460]
  Unique ID: wkFv.j8NaKXDZtZ6