On Friday, October 14, 2016 2:11 AM, J Fernyhough <j.fernyho...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Doesn't `apt-get autoremove` remove old kernel versions already? (IIRC it
>keeps three? old versions)

It depends on script
/etc/kernel/postinst.d/apt-auto-removal and when it is run last time, which
automatically
installed kernels it does NOT remove. `apt-get autoremove` removes other
packages that are automatically installed and that no package depends on, too,
which may or may not be wanted. It may be unable to remove old kernels in some
cases when /boot or system is full. My script is designed to handle such cases,
too. My script can even remove kernels that are unknown to the package
management system.