On 12/06/2016 10:21 AM, Jesse Steele wrote:

<snip>
As I understand, current Ubuntu users are sophisticated types like super-geeks, engineers, and professors. They probably provide most input for Ubuntu's knowledge base, but there is no reason Ubuntu can't work for normal Taiwanese.

This perception you note is certainly the case in North America, and likely in other cultures. Part of the difficulty of "selling" younger adults on Linux is, in the main, bash. In the late 1980's I began computing with my school's C64s and later 80286. A twentysomething today likely didn't learn about computers through assembly code projects etc. I acclimated quickly to bash given my past experiences. Today, there is no past.

<snip>